Using FCC Filings to Learn About Wireless Cards

One of the cool hints I learned in Ted Wallingford's 802.11 book involved finding your specific hardware in the FCC Equipment Authorization System Generic Search. My Linksys WPC54gv3, for example, has these exhibits. I entered Q87 as the Grantee Code and -WPC54GV3 as the Product Code (including the leading dash). You can get these codes by reading them on your NIC.

Using the Internal Photos .pdf, I can see that this NIC uses a Broadcom chipset. Plenty of other information is available too.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Richard,

I had a little better success, albiet with a Windows image:
http://windowsir.blogspot.com/2006/08/liveview.html

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics