Review of Hacking Exposed: Cisco Networks Posted

Amazon.com just posted my four star review of McGraw-Hill/Osborne's Hacking Exposed: Cisco Networks. From the review:

I've always been a fan of Osborne's Hacking Exposed books (although subjects like "Computer Forensics" don't seem to fit the spirit of the series). I previously read Wi-Foo: The Secrets of Wireless Hacking by the same authors who wrote Hacking Exposed: Cisco Networks (HECN). Comparing the two books, I agree with previous reviewer Sean E. Connelly; I think HECN was rushed to market. The book needs better technical review, proofreading, and copyediting as well. Nevertheless, I still recommend reading HECN -- it's a unique book on a critical subject.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh no, rushed and needs copyediting, etc! :( Maybe I should wait for a second edition. The last book I read that needed bad reviewing and copyediting left a very, very bad taste in my mouth despite the interesting content (How to Own an Identity: http://www.bookpool.com/sm/1597490067).
-LonerVamp
Anonymous said…
Yeah I'm so tired of poor quality books that weren't proofread. Where are my dollars going?

Todd Lammle's CCNA book is in it's 5th edition and still has a huge errata.

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics