My C-64 Rides Again

Thanks to a RR-Net kit, my Commodore 64 is now on the Internet. I browsed taosecurity.com using the Contiki Web browser and I served Web pages sing the Contiki Web server. It's slow, but really amazing to think a machine that hasn't been used in 13 years is now on the Internet! There's also a version of VNC which I haven't tried yet.

I still need to try downloading software and getting it to the C-64. The RR-Net package arrived with a 5 1/4 floppy containing Contiki.

Update: The Web server doesn't seem too stable. Twice I've left the box running in the basement only to find Contiki exited several hours later. Oh well, that's why I run FreeBSD.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have been running a web server from a 1982 built Commodore 64 AKA c64 for about a year now and since the release of contiki v2.1 i have found it to be a very reliable web server check it out on www.c64web.com

Contiki v2.1 also now runs from a .html file and not compiled into the .prg file much better.

Have Fun Shane

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics