Joe and I asked the ShmooCon organizers if it might be possible to switch me to another slot, since I would like to see Joe's talk too. Based on feedback from many of you, you also want to see Joe's talk. Unfortunately, the ShmooCon organizers did not find a way to change the schedule.
This is really bad because Billy is releasing Jikto at ShmooCon, so choosing between Joe and Billy is another lousy decision.
Given the feedback from you I've heard, I'm considering my options. They are:
- Talk at 1300 as scheduled.
- Give up my slot and volunteer to speak at 1200 Saturday during lunch.
- Give up my slot and volunteer to speak after the keynote Friday night.
- Other ideas?
What are your thoughts on this? Is it worth making waves in order to deal with this situation? Thank you.
Update: Thanks for your public and private feedback. I'll just appear at my talk and make the best of it!