Security Bloggers Network

I noticed security ninja and fellow former Foundstoner Mark Curphey mentioned me in a post on his departure from the Security Bloggers Network. You may wonder why I never joined SBN. When I was asked to join in December, I politely declined. I saw no benefit to myself or my readers to joining some kind of meta-feed hosted by Feedburner. Not joining SBN was probably as popular as my personal LinkedIn policy since it means I exercise some discretion regarding the parties with whom I associate.

My personal version of SBN is my Bloglines subscription. Anything I care to read is there. I probably only pay attention to 2/3 to 3/4 of the feeds on that list, so in some cases the lesser-noticed feeds are acting like bookmarks. (In other words, some of my friends may have blogs but I don't necessarily care that they trimmed their cat's toenails last weekend.)

I think it's healthy to have discussions about the state of our "security community." Debate is one of the features of a vibrant community. If no one read this blog I would still use it mainly as a way to record how I build or configure systems, or how I think about certain issues. (Prior to writing any book or major article I review my blog posts to refresh my memory on certain issues.) If you find such content helpful, great! If not, no problem!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics