I'm Not Dead

Several of you leaving comments, posting your own blog entries, and sending me email seem to think my job at General Electric means I am dead. I am not dead, God willing. Let me reprint the second-to-last paragraph from that post:

What about writing here, or articles, or books? My boss supports my blogging and writing. I have never made a practice of posting "Look what I found at this client!" and he does not expect me to start doing so at GE. You can expect to read more about the sorts of techniques I'm using to address security concerns but never incident specifics or any information which would compromise my relationship with GE. The same goes for articles and books. I plan to continue writing the Snort Report and eventually write the new works listed on my books page.

This blog has never been a site for "tell-all" activity. I don't discuss specifics about clients, or national security matters, or private information shared in a confidential manner. I started this blog when I worked at Foundstone, continued it at ManTech, and kept blogging with TaoSecurity. I intend to remain blogging, time- and interest-willing. Thank you.

Comments

John Ward said…
Thats sad that people misinterpret your accepting a new jobb that way. If anything it gives you a little more focus on working on securing a huge corporation, and give insight to the trials and challenges for other CIO and CTO types to follow. Plus, being a director, you get to face the politics associated with it as well. Let me know if you need help in the BI area.
Anonymous said…
I think you working at GE is definitely going to be a new experience. Going by sheer size alone (310,000+ employees) is going to be quite an adventure, and I'm sure us readers will benefit from the new things you come across.

Looking forward to it :)
Anonymous said…
Richard,
I’m looking forward to seeing how the new work impacts your views. I work in a large outsourcing company and I love the fact that we have the ideas, and the people, but I find implementations are often more about influencing culture, and dealing with the long, long, long time it takes for a culture to change. Good thing is, I like that kind of work!

Best of luck in the new position!

Randy
Unknown said…
"I'm not dead yet!"

"You soon will be, quiet!"

"I'm happpyyy!"

:) Seriously though, I think some of us just think you'll be plenty busy with the new job, at least for a while, that we expect slightly less stuff here. Whatever happens, happens, and I think it's all good. Some of us just swear you have a magical device that gives you 36 hours per day!
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics