- Intel® Pentium® M Processor 760 [2.00GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 533MHz FSB]
- 2 GB RAM
- 60 GB+ 7200 RPM HDD
- NVIDIA GeForce video, to take advantage of their FreeBSD drivers and avoid ATI
- Gigabit NIC
- 802.11b/g is nice, especially if disabled via external switch
- Bluetooth -- not sure if I need it?
- Under 7 lbs -- my current laptop is more like a ThinkBrick
- At least a 14.1" screen; I don't care about widescreens
I like the features of the Toshiba Tecra M3, but the reviews are terrible. I really like the durability and keyboard of my Thinkpad and I worry what other vendors are going to provide. I appreciate your help.
Update: Thank you for all of your comments. I've decided to wait for the arrival of Windows Vista in Q306. By that time I expect to see Intel Virtualization Technology in 64 bit mobile CPUs like the Intel Merom, which will be very helpful for my classroom setup. There's an outside chance I would get a Mac running on Intel as well, if VMware was supported.