DC BSDCon 2009 Call for Papers Open

I was pleased to hear from Jason Dixon, who told me that he is organizing DC BSDCon 2009 on 4 and 5 February 2009 at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park. This is right before ShmooCon 2009 and has been coordinated with that group.

DC BSDCon has a call for papers open until 1 December, with selections announced on 15 December. I will probably submit a presentation.

I will not attend ShmooCon this year. I've decided the logistics are too much of a hassle. There's a few talks on Friday evening, a full day on Saturday, and a few talks on Sunday. The commute to DC takes me about 1 3/4 hours each way, using public transportation, so I spend more time travelling than I do in talks Friday or Sunday. Sunday morning's activities conflict with church. Saturday I try to give my wife a break from our two kids. Spending a weekend on what are essentially "work activities" isn't worth it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics