Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Review of The Definitive Guide to MySQL, 3rd Ed Posted

Amazon.com just posted my three star review of The Definitive Guide to MySQL, 3rd Ed. From the review:

I read and reviewed MySQL Press' MySQL Tutorial by Luke Welling and Laura Thomson two years ago. I thought Tutorial was a great, concise (267 pages including index) MySQL overview. I hoped The Definitive Guide to MySQL 5, 3rd Ed (DG, 748 pages) would extend my understanding of MySQL beyond the coverage in the Tutorial. Unfortunately, I found the Tutorial did a better job addressing important information than the DG. While there is some good information in the DG, I recommend staying with books published by MySQL Press.


I currently have 205 reviews at Amazon.com. Eight of those are non-tech books. That means after my next two reviews, the third will be my 200th.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you read "the doorstop"?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0672326736

Richard Bejtlich said...

Negative.