Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Nvu 1.0 Released

Anyone who's visited TaoSecurity.com or Bejtlich.net has probably stared in awe at the wonder of the Web composition skills inherent in each site. No? Well, I think they are an improvement over the 1996-era, made-with-vi HTML I created by hand. I used a program called Nvu (pronounced "N-view") to lay out the tables for each site. Yesterday Nvu 1.0 was released, and today the www/nvu FreeBSD port was updated.

I found Nvu doesn't produce perfect HTML, so I might use a program like Tidy to clean up the pages. The latest version of Tidy is also in the ports tree as www/tidy-devel. One day I will hire a Web developer to create modern Web pages for each site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Iirc: //forums....nvudev...org/ is brand-new
Haven't personally seen that site nor used Nvu YMMV