New Wireless Access Point

Shortly I'll report on my experiences with a new 802.11b wireless access point. I bought a ZyAIR B-2000 Wireless LAN Gateway with 4-port Switch, based partly on the good review linked from Practically Networked. I like the product's serial port, support for syslog event reporting, and future support via firmware upgrade for Wi-Fi Protected Access. I use a WAP built by SMC, but I fear it may be failing. The wired LAN side hasn't worked properly for years, and now my wireless signal is degrading abnormally.

A book I'm perusing suggests three vendors for wireless products: HyperLink Technologies, Signull Technologies, and TechnoLab Inc..

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics