Happy 12th Birthday TaoSecurity Blog

Today, 8 January 2015, is the 12th birthday of TaoSecurity Blog!

I wrote my first post on 8 January 2003 while working as an incident response consultant for Foundstone. Kevin Mandia was my boss. Today I am Chief Security Strategist at FireEye, still working for Kevin Mandia. (It's a small world.)

With 2945 posts published, I am still blogging -- but much less. Why the drop over the years? I "blame" my @taosecurity Twitter account. With almost 30,000 followers, easy posting from mobile devices, and greater interactivity, Twitter is an addictive platform.

Second, blogging used to be the primary way I could share my ideas with the community. These days, speaking and writing are a big part of my professional duties. I try to track these reports here.

Third, time is precious, and blogging often takes a back seat. I'd rather spend time with my family, research my PhD, work with start-ups, collaborate with think tanks, and so on.

However, I still plan to keep blogging in 2015. Twitter's only a 140 character platform, and some days I have the time and inclination to share a few thoughts beyond what I've said or written for work.

Thanks again to Google for providing me this free platform for the past 12 years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics