Friday is Last Day to Register for Black Hat DC at Reduced Rate

Black Hat was kind enough to invite me back to teach multiple sessions of my 2-day course this year.

First up is Black Hat DC 2010 Training on 31 January and 01 February 2010 at Grand Hyatt Crystal City in Arlington, VA.

I will be teaching TCP/IP Weapons School 2.0.

Registration is now open. Black Hat set five price points and deadlines for registration, but only these three are left.

  • Regular ends 15 Jan

  • Late ends 30 Jan

  • Onsite starts at the conference


Seats are filling -- it pays to register early!

If you review the Sample Lab I posted earlier this year, this class is all about developing an investigative mindset by hands-on analysis, using tools you can take back to your work. Furthermore, you can take the class materials back to work -- an 84 page investigation guide, a 25 page student workbook, and a 120 page teacher's guide, plus the DVD. I have been speaking with other trainers who are adopting this format after deciding they are also tired of the PowerPoint slide parade.

Feedback from my 2009 sessions was great. Two examples:

"Truly awesome -- Richard's class was packed full of content and presented in an understandable manner." (Comment from student, 28 Jul 09)

"In six years of attending Black Hat (seven courses taken) Richard was the best instructor." (Comment from student, 28 Jul 09)

If you've attended a TCP/IP Weapons School class before 2009, you are most welcome in the new one. Unless you attended my Black Hat training in 2009, you will not see any repeat material whatsoever in TWS2. Older TWS classes covered network traffic and attacks at various levels of the OSI model. TWS2 is more like a forensics class, with network, log, and related evidence.

I will also be teaching in Barcelona and Las Vegas, but I will announce those dates later.

I strongly recommend attending the Briefings on 2-3 Feb. Maybe it's just my interests, but I find the scheduled speaker list to be very compelling.

I look forward to seeing you. Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics