USENIX Santa Clara Update

Last month USENIX posted details on USENIX Annual 2007 in Santa Clara, CA, 17-22 June 2007. I'll be teaching Network Security Monitoring with Open Source Tools and TCP/IP Weapons School (layers 2-3) day one and day two.

I just finished uploading my slides for the three days of training. It seemed everyone liked the NSM course, but I received feedback concerning the coverage of layer 1 in TWS. Therefore, I axed 80% of the layer 1 material (probably 50-60 slides) and created a lot more new material. Specifically, I added sections on IP protocol scanning, Cisco Discovery Protocol use and abuse, and a big section on ICMPv6 Neighbor Discovery and IPv6. These last sections are an introduction really, but it's cool to see the traffic and walk through what it all means.

I will most likely teach layers 4-7 for USENIX at USENIX Security in Boston, MA, 6-10 August 2007. I plan to update the material to cover Metasploit 3 and some of its evasion methods. I'll also cover the traffic begind the Best April Fool's Joke this year.

Register before 1 June to get the best deal.

If you can't make it to Santa Clara for TCP/IP Weapons School (Layers 2-3), I'll be teaching the same material at Techno Security 2007 a few weeks earlier in Myrtle Beach, SC. That class is filling fast though.

I hope to see you there or at another training event this year!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello,

I have been watching your blog, and I would like to know what do you think or what experience did you have with Bro Intrusion Detection System (http://www.bro-ids.org/).

Thanks in advanced.
Anonymous said…
Thank you!

Richard, keep doing this very good work on this blog!

Thanks

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics