Since I do not run X on my FreeBSD servers, and my laptop now runs Ubuntu (heretical but productive, I know), I have not been affected by the update of X.org to 7.2 on FreeBSD. I read Updating Firefox 2 and FreeBSD 6.2 and the response Not everybody will be happy with the X.org upgrade. Basically there's a difference of opinion concerning the appropriateness of radically changing a key addition to the operating system mid-stream, i.e., during the life of 6.2.
If I were running FreeBSD 6.2 with X, I probably would have tried avoiding X.org 7.2 if possible. Losing X is a very disruptive event if the upgrade fails, and with so many ports affected it would be very invasive. I would have waited until the release of FreeBSD 6.3 or 7.0 before using X.org 7.2. Alternatively, I might have reinstalled 6.2 without X.org, and then added it and all other software as packages.
I understand the developers wanting to get X.org 7.2 into users hands as soon as possible, given the amount of work involved and their desire to have finished months ago. However, changing from a monolithic version of X.org to a modular one seems disruptive enough to have waited for coordination with the release of FreeBSD 6.3 and 7.0. I'm not a developer but that's my thoughts on the matter. I would be curious to hear how others might be handling this issue.