Thursday, June 03, 2004

Fixing Troublesome Port Upgrades

Today while trying to run portupgrade on my FreeBSD 5.2.1 REL system, I ran into this error:

drury# portupgrade -varp

---> Upgrade of devel/libbonobo started at: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 15:43:31 -0400
---> Upgrading 'libbonobo-2.6.0' to 'libbonobo-2.6.2' (devel/libbonobo)
---> Build of devel/libbonobo started at: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 15:43:31 -0400
---> Building '/usr/ports/devel/libbonobo'
===> Cleaning for libiconv-1.9.1_3
===> Cleaning for ORBit2-2.10.2
...edited...
===> Configuring for libbonobo-2.6.2
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c -o root -g wheel
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking whether gmake sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is required for intltool
===> Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to gnome@FreeBSD.org [maintainer]
and attach
the "/usr/ports/devel/libbonobo/work/libbonobo-2.6.2/config.log" including
the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be
a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your
system (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/libbonobo.

I found a thread with a similar problem. I also found an error, so I tried the following solution. I told portupgrade to upgrade the p5-XML-Parser port, which intltool complained about above. By using the -f switch I forced the reinstallation of the p5-XML-Parser port, and the -r switch told portupgrade to upgrade ports depending on p5-XML-Parser. This resulted in reinstallation of intltool and

drury# portupgrade -r -f p5-XML-Parser
---> Reinstalling 'p5-XML-Parser-2.34_1' (textproc/p5-XML-Parser)
---> Building '/usr/ports/textproc/p5-XML-Parser'
===> Cleaning for perl-5.8.4
...edited...
tar: lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/mach/XML/Parser/LWPExternEnt.pl:
Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
pkg_create: make_dist: tar command failed with code 512
---> Uninstalling the old version
---> Deinstalling 'p5-XML-Parser-2.34_1'
pkg_delete: package 'p5-XML-Parser-2.34_1' is
required by these other packages and may not be deinstalled
(but I'll delete it anyway):
eel2-2.6.1
gedit2-2.6.1
gtksourceview-1.0.1
intltool-0.30_1
libbonoboui-2.6.1
libgnome-2.6.1.1
libgnomeui-2.6.1.1
scrollkeeper-0.3.14_1,1
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/man/man3/XML::Parser.3.gz'
doesn't
really exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/man/man3/XML::Parser::Expat.3.gz'
doesn't really exist
pkg_delete: file '/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/man/man3/XML::Parser::Style::Debug.
3.gz'
doesn't really exist
...edited...
Installing /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.4/man/man3/XML::Parser::Style::Stream.3
Writing /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/mach/auto/XML/Parser/.packlist
===> Compressing manual pages for p5-XML-Parser-2.34_1
===> Registering installation for p5-XML-Parser-2.34_1
===> Cleaning for perl-5.8.4
===> Cleaning for expat-1.95.7
===> Cleaning for p5-XML-Parser-2.34_1
---> Cleaning out obsolete shared libraries
[Updating the pkgdb in /var/db/pkg ... - 196 packages found
(-0 +1) . done]
---> Reinstalling 'intltool-0.30_1' (textproc/intltool)
---> Building '/usr/ports/textproc/intltool'
===> Cleaning for libiconv-1.9.1_3
...truncated...

When this was done I upgraded libbonobo independently:

drury# portupgrade -v libbonobo
---> Session started at: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 16:31:27 -0400
---> Upgrade of devel/libbonobo started at: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 16:31:28 -0400
---> Upgrading 'libbonobo-2.6.0' to 'libbonobo-2.6.2' (devel/libbonobo)
---> Build of devel/libbonobo started at: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 16:31:28 -0400
---> Building '/usr/ports/devel/libbonobo'
===> Cleaning for libiconv-1.9.1_3
===> Cleaning for ORBit2-2.10.2
===> Cleaning for bison-1.75_2
===> Cleaning for gettext-0.13.1_1
===> Cleaning for glib-2.4.1_1
===> Cleaning for gmake-3.80_2
===> Cleaning for libIDL-0.8.3_2
===> Cleaning for m4-1.4_1
===> Cleaning for pkgconfig-0.15.0_1
===> Cleaning for popt-1.6.4_2
===> Cleaning for perl-5.8.4
===> Cleaning for python-2.3.4
===> Cleaning for intltool-0.30_1
===> Cleaning for libxml2-2.6.9
===> Cleaning for p5-XML-Parser-2.34_1
===> Cleaning for libbonobo-2.6.2
===> Extracting for libbonobo-2.6.2

That took care of the earlier problems and updated the port.

No comments: