I'd like to share some of them with you in an attempt to better communicate the ideas my last post.
- Business creativity and research
- Input(s): Total expenditures on research and development, % of GDP
- Output(s): Number of patents granted (per X people)
- Input(s): Education spending, % of GDP; school enrolment
- Output(s): Literacy rate
- Life expectancy, health, and related categories
- Input(s): Health spending, % of GDP; population per doctor; number of hospital beds per citizen; (also add in air quality, drinking and smoking rates, etc.)
- Output(s): Death rates; infant mortality; and so on...
- Crime and punishment
- Input(s): Total police per X population
- Output(s): Crime rate
Is this making sense?
Richard Bejtlich is teaching new classes in Europe in 2009. Register by 1 Mar for the best rates.