Request for Comments: Bluetooth on FreeBSD

I haven't tried Bluetooth yet because I do not have any Bluetooth-enabled devices. I've considered buying a stock Linksys USBBT100 adapter, or one of the fancier models from WarDrivingWorld.com. Unfortunately, I do not see much support for Bluetooth security tools on FreeBSD. Today I downloaded and tried Bluediving, which is supposed to work. I was unable to get the programs in the tools directory to compile on FreeBSD 6.0.

Is anyone using Bluetooth security tools on FreeBSD? If yes, what tools, and what hardware do you use? Thank you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
a google search resulted in:
http://www.bsdforums.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36790
http://www.pcbsd.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1849&start=0&sid=0c9dbcebe7df6b01ec2c450b9688ac96
in addition to bluediving...
Hi Anonymous,

I have one box tracking 6-STABLE, so I did see the new /etc/rc.d/bluetooth appear.

I was unaware of the PCBSD project.
Anonymous said…
Hey, Richard. I have had some success with Bluetooth in FreeBSD 6.0-SECURITY. I haven't done much with it but run inquiry commands and see devices listening but it does seem to work fairly easily "out of the box".

I have written about my limited experience here: http://www.averageadmins.com/blogentry.php?id=297

I also have not been able to get the Bluediving tools compiled under FreeBSD. Please post any progress you make with that if possible.

Jeff

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics