Review of WarDriving Posted

It's been a long time since my last book review, but I've been busy finishing and copyediting my own book. Thankfully the long flights to and from Vancouver for CanSecWest gave me some reading time. I spent part of that time with WarDriving, which I gave three stars. From the review:

"If you want to learn how to wardrive using Kismet or NetStumbler (and variants), WarDriving is for you. The book does a good job debunking certain myths, such as the prevalence of 'warchalking' or the widespread use of 'Pringles can antennas.' I found the practical advice, like disabling the TCP/IP stack on Windows prior to wardriving, especially helpful. The authors constantly advocate a professional mindset towards wardriving and do not suggest unethical use of insecure wireless networks."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics