FreeBSD X Configuration

I installed FreeBSD 5.1 REL on my IBM Thinkpad a20p this afternoon. I finally have X working on a FreeBSD system "out of the box" -- more or less. X couldn't auto-configure my card, but I was able to do it manually. Once I was done installing XFree86 4.3 I installed KDE 3.1. I copied the .xinitrc (just a text file with 'exec startkde' from root's home directory to my user directory.) Here's my X config file:

-bash-2.05b$ cat /etc/X11/XF86Config
Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "Layout0"
Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
EndSection

Section "Module"
# Load "freetype"
# Load "xtt"
Load "extmod"
Load "glx"
Load "dri"
Load "dbe"
Load "record"
Load "xtrap"
Load "type1"
Load "speedo"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "SysMouse"
Option "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "keyboard"
Option "XkbModel" "pc101"
Option "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Monitor0"
HorizSync 30.0 - 100.0
VertRefresh 50.0 - 100.0
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Card0"
Driver "ati"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "Card0"
Monitor "Monitor0"
DefaultDepth 24
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
Modes "1400x1050"
EndSubSection
EndSection

Also -- Happy 10th birdthday FreeBSD!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics