We recorded that Webcast (audio is now available) to start a discussion concerning professional incident detection.
I'm pleased to publish the following tentative speaker list for the SANS WhatWorks in Incident Detection Summit 2009 on 9-10 Dec in Washington, DC.
We'll publish all of this information, plus the biographies for the speakers, on the agenda site, but I wanted to share what I have with you.
Day One (9 Dec)
- Keynote: Ron Gula
- Briefing: Network Security Monitoring dev+user: Bamm Visscher, David Bianco
- Panel: CIRTs and MSSPs, moderate by Rocky DeStefano: Michael Cloppert, Nate Richmond, Jerry Dixon, Tyler Hudak, Matt Richard, Jon Ramsey
- Cyberspeak Podcast live during lunch with Bret Padres and Ovie Carroll
- Briefing: Bro introduction: Seth Hall
- Panel: Enterprise network detection tools and tactics, potentially with a guest moderator: Ron Shaffer, Matt Olney, Nate Richmond, Matt Jonkman, Michael Rash, Andre Ludwig, Tim Belcher
- Briefing: Snort update: Martin Roesch
- Panel: Global network detection tools and tactics: Stephen Windsor, Earl Zmijewski, Andre' M. Di Mino, Matt Olney, Jose Nazario, Joe Levy
- Panel: Commercial security intelligence service providers, moderated by Mike Cloppert: Gunter Ollmann, Rick Howard, Dave Harlow, Jon Ramsey, Wade Baker
- Evening clas: Advanced Analysis with Matt Richard
Day Two (10 Dec)
- Keynote: Tony Sager
- Briefing: Memory analysis dev+user: Aaron Walters, Brendan Dolan-Gavitt
- Panel: Detection using logs: Jesus Torres, Nate Richmond, Michael Rash, Matt Richard, Ron Gula, J. Andrew Valentine, Alex Raitz
- Panel: Network Forensics: Tim Belcher, Joe Levy, Martin Roesch, Ken Bradley
- Briefing: Honeynet Project: Brian Hay, Michael Davis
- Panel: Unix and Windows tools and techniques: Michael Cloppert, Patrick Mullen, Kris Harms
- Panel: Noncommercial security intelligence service providers, moderated by Mike Cloppert: Andre' M. Di Mino, Jerry Dixon, Ken Dunham, Andre Ludwig, Jose Nazario
- Panel: Commercial host-centric detection and analysis tools: Dave Merkel, Ron Gula, Alex Raitz
I'm thankful to have these excellent speakers and panel participants on board for this event. If you register and pay tuition by next Wednesday, 11 Nov, you'll save $250. Thank you.