Happy 5th Birthday TaoSecurity Blog

Today, 8 January 2008, is the fifth birthday of TaoSecurity Blog. I wrote my first post on 8 January 2003 while working as an incident response consultant for Foundstone. 2087 posts (averaging 417 per year !?!) later, I am still blogging.

My pace has slowed during the last few months, mainly because I have been spending more time reading in my off hours. I have also found less really gripping security events to report. I try not to jump on the bandwagon, so if you see a lot of coverage for a certain event I will probably not report it. I might chime in if there's an uncovered angle or I particularly want to record my thoughts on the issue.

I plan to continue blogging, especially with respect to network security monitoring, incident detection and response, network forensics, and FreeBSD when appropriate. I especially enjoy reading your comments and engaging in informed dialogues. Thanks for joining me these five years -- I hope to have a ten year post in 2013!

Don't forget -- today is Elvis Presley's birthday. Coincidence? You decide.

The image shows Elvis training with Ed Parker, founder of American Kenpo. As I like to tell my students, Elvis' stance is so wide it would take him a week to react to an attack. Then again, he's Elvis.

I studied Kenpo in San Antonio, TX and would like to return to practicing if my shoulder cooperates!

Comments

scottder said…
Congrats!!
Anonymous said…
congrats! i push this blog on any interested folks i bump into, its great info and very well written. please keep up the great work.
Anonymous said…
Richard,

Congratulations, as always I enjoy reading your posts; very informative.

Jason
Anonymous said…
Gratz Richard! Love your blog and your books.
Anonymous said…
Congratulations!!!!! Very nice blog and posts ... hope lot of more years with security information for us, your readers =) .

Regards,

Rodrigo Montoro (Sp0oKeR)
Andrew Hay said…
Congrats Richard. Keep the posts coming :)
Anonymous said…
Nice web, i love security and kungfu :)
The secondlife hacks are interesting too, i have coded some proof of concept scripts to exploit it weakness.


if you like kungfu
if you like security

regards
Anonymous said…
Sorry bad links,
the good ones:
kungfu

computer sedcurity
Unknown said…
Congtrats on the birthday! Definately one of my favorite blogs!
Anonymous said…
Congratulations!!...I am enjoy reading your posts.

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics