Happy 16th Birthday TaoSecurity Blog

Today, 8 January 2019, is TaoSecurity Blog's 16th birthday! This is also my 3,041st blog post.

I wrote my first post on 8 January 2003 while working as an incident response consultant for Foundstone.

Here are a few statistics on the blog. Blogger started providing statistics in May 2010, so these apply to roughly the past 9 years only.

As of today, since May 2010 the blog has nearly 9.4 million all time page views, up from 7.7 million a year ago.

Here are the most popular posts of the last 9 years, as of today:


I'm blogging a bit more recently, with 22 posts in 2018 -- more than my total for 2016 and 2017 combined, but still not half as much as 2015, which saw 55 posts.

Twitter continues to play a role in the way I communicate. Last year @taosecurity had nearly 49,000 followers with less than 18,000 Tweets. Today I have nearly 53,000 followers with 19,000 Tweets.

My rule is generally this: if I start wondering how to fit an idea in 280 characters on Twitter, then a blog post is a better idea. If I start a Twitter "thread," then I really need to write a blog post!

I continue to blog about martial arts and related topics at Rejoining the Tao, which incidentally will be three years old later this month, and is currently 11 posts shy of 100. You can see that during my burnout period I shifted my writing and creativity outside of security.

Thank you to everyone who has been part of this blog's journey since 2003!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi

Taking this opportunity to say I am sure lots of people would welcome a 2019 Edition of a very informative "Black Hat Budgeting" post of almost 10 years back.

All the best!
leBolide said…
Congratulations! I'm a fairly recent follower but enjoy what you write.

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics