Review of Super Scratch Programming Adventure! Posted

Amazon.com just posted a joint review by myself and my daughter of No Starch's new book Super Scratch Programming Adventure!. From the five star review:

I asked my almost-8-year-old to share her thoughts on Super Scratch Programming Adventure! She chose five stars and wrote the following:

"I think it's a very great book. I love the storyline, but my main concern is that I could not find a trace of the Super Scratch folder.

How hard is it to draw the Mona Lisa? I have Scratch version 1.4, and I found it difficult drawing Le Louvre.

On the flip side, I learned a lot. Who knew you could make Scratchy move with 1) arrow keys and 2) a medium sized Script?

I enjoyed watching the Magic Star Web change colors.

Overall, I think it's a very great book, and I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in programming."

I agree that this is a great book. My daughter wanted to learn how to program a video game, and I thought it would be a lot more difficult. Shortly after starting to read and apply this book, she coded a video game!

I'd like to thank No Starch for sending us a review copy.

Comments

David said…
Enjoyed reading the review by your daughter.

You should check out Construct Classic (DirectX based) and C2 which is HTML 5 based (from scirra.com) for making games and apps without programing. I've used it for a few years and it is easy to use/powerful language
I would have to agree with the first comment and you should definitely check out the Construct Classic. It is a great product and a great resource.

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics