Bejtlich Teaching at USENIX Security in San Francisco 8-9 Aug

For the first time in four years, I will teach for the USENIX organization! I'm pleased to announce that on August 8-9 at USENIX Security 2011 in San Francisco, I will teach a special two-day edition of TCP/IP Weapons School 3.0.

This class is designed for junior and intermediate security analysts. The "sweet spot" for the potential student is someone working in a security operations center (SOC) or computer incident response team (CIRT), or someone trying to establish one of those organizations. The class is very hands-on, and focuses on labs and discussions. There are less than 10 slides at the very beginning of the class, and I build the flow of the class based on what you want to hear.

If you would like details on the class, please see the linked site. You may also find my announcement for my Black Hat sessions on 30-31 July and 1-2 August to be helpful too. It will be a busy few weeks this summer but I'm looking forward to seeing you learn the investigative mindset needed to detect and respond to digital intrusions!

On a related note, I received a very positive response regarding a possible class in the northern VA area this fall. I will work out the details on that and try to post information as soon as I figure it out. Thank you.

Comments

Unknown said…
Would you be interested in doing an interview for our website?

We have interviewed a series of leading security researchers and would like to include your thoughts on a variety of issues.

If you are interested, you can reach me at terrence.miltner@infosecinstitute.com

Look forward to hearing from you.
Long time listener, first time caller said…
Richard,
I was curious if you could suggest other security conferences that either you have attended or have heard are better than average? It seems as though everyone and their brother sponsor some sort of security conference and it is difficult to tell how educational they will be just by reading the website. Perhaps you could provide some insight into how you determine which conferences you would actually pay to attend? Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics