Review of Metasploit: The Penetration Tester's Guide Posted

Amazon.com just posted my four star review of Metasploit: The Penetration Tester's Guide by David Kennedy, Jim O’Gorman, Devon Kearns, and Mati Aharoni. From the review:

Metasploit: The Penetration Tester's Guide (MTPTG), is a great book about the Metasploit Framework. I first tried MSF in April 2004 (noted in one of my blog posts) and have since used it to test detection mechanisms, as well as simulate activity by certain threat groups. I've read MSF coverage in a few other books, but MTPTG really outdoes the competition. While I see areas for improvement to be addressed in a second edition, if you have any interest in Metasploit you should check out this book.

Comments

infra said…
I just received my copy in the mail. Thanks for the review.

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics