Reviews of TCP/IP Analysis and Troubleshooting Toolkit, Real 802.11 Security, and Network Performance Toolkit Posted

Amazon.com recently posted three new reviews. From the four star review of TCP/IP Analysis and Troubleshooting Toolkit, whose author provides videos of trace analysis:

"As a network security monitoring analyst, I like to read network troubleshooting books. They help me understand protocols I see on the wire, usually using case studies that are far more exciting than reading dry Request For Comment (RFC) documents. "TCP/IP Analysis and Troubleshooting Toolkit" (TAATT) isn't a "tool" book like Wiley's "Network Performance Open Source Toolkit." Rather, TAATT tries to explain the operations of many popular protocols. It does a fairly good job, and deserves a look."

From the five star review of Real 802.11 Security: Wi-Fi Protected Access and 802.11i:

"I was somewhat hesitant to read "Real 802.11 Security" (R8S) as it seemed to offer too much theory and background on wireless security. I prefer "getting to the point" and telling me what works and what doesn't. R8S changed my mind. The book's lively style helped me survive fairly heavy discussion of cryptography and implementation of security protocols. The authors remarkable clarity and insights reminded me of Ross Anderson's "Security Engineering," a book I respect highly. I finished R8S with a better idea of the future of wireless security and how to secure existing wireless deployments."

You can visit the authors' university site here.

From the five star review of Network Performance Toolkit: Using Open Source Testing Tools:

"I don't have a lot to say about "Network Performance Open Source Toolkit" (NPOST), other than I think it's excellent. We need more tool-oriented books to teach admins how to do real work on their networks. NPOST delivers chapter after chapter of practical, hands-on material applicable to the networking shop in any organization."

If you're wondering why I don't post more negative reviews these days, remember that I almost exclusively limit myself to books appearing on my reading list. If I post a negative review, it's because a book to which I dedicated time ended up burning me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics