Pre-Review: Programming Python, 3rd Ed

I'd like to thank the fine folks at O'Reilly for sending me a review copy of Programming Python, 3rd Ed. I've added this book to my other set of programming books waiting to be read. I'll probably start with several tiles from Apress, namely Beginning Python, Dive Into Python, and then end the Apress titles with Foundations of Python Network Programming, since network programming is my main interest.

I'll use O'Reilly's Programming Python, 3rd Ed and Python Cookbook, 2nd Ed as references. Two years ago I tried reading Learning Python, 2nd Ed but found it not that helpful as an introduction -- hence my interest in the new Apress titles.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I look forward to your review, especially since I've been curious about the next edition of this book.

Keep up the good work, Richard!
Anonymous said…
Just to give you a taste of network programmig in python :
You should try Scapy, it is a powerful interactive packet manipulation program based on the python shell
you will like that :
http://www.secdev.org/projects/scapy/

regards,

Dany
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics