- security/freebsd-update: described here as a tool to update a GENERIC kernel and userland, destined to move into FreeBSD 6.2
- sysutils/portupgrade: described here as a tool to keep ports/packages up-to-date
- security/portaudit: described here as a tool to find ports/packages with security vulnerabilities
- sysutils/pkg_cutleaves: described here as a tool to remove packages and their dependencies
- shells/bash: this is a legacy of my time using Linux, where Bash is the default shell
You can read a summary of many of these tools here as well.