lsz -X b4801_128.bin
If I want to stick with the Soekris, I may try one of the OS installation options listed here. However, I'm wondering if I should just abandon the Soekris for something more powerful. I saw the 256 MB Net4801 will arrive soon, but I've been looking at these OpenBrick and newer systems.
Does anyone have any recommendations for new small form factor systems? Here are my ideal requirements:
- Very small and flat -- ideally something that would fit in a consultant's brief case for carrying on a plane, along with a laptop.
- 3 NICs, preferably one or more with Gigabit capability
- Can use flash or a laptop HDD
- Runs FreeBSD 6.x
- Video and keyboard outputs are not required, but I'm starting to like that option
- At least 128 MB RAM, preferably 256 MB or more
This is starting to sound like a laptop, but I would prefer not to use a laptop. I do not like leaving laptops at client sites. The temptation to open the screen and touch the keyboard is too great for some clients. I like using a small appliance like a Soekris.