Bringing FreeBSD to InstantNSM

Last week David Bianco announced his InstantNSM project. The purpose is to automate Sguil distribution. At the moment InstantNSM works on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 and 4, and geek00l has been blogging on InstantNSM using CentOS 4.2. I told David this afternoon that I plan to help him get InstantNSM working with FreeBSD. I plan to let InstantNSM be the means by which I build FreeBSD Sguil sensors. This will eliminate the need for me to test and write a separate Sguil installation guide. I hope to integrate the proposed sguil-server, sguil-sensor, and sguil-client ports, and the existing SANCP and barnyard ports. Paul has a sguil-client port waiting on acceptance of his new iwidgets port.

Sguil 0.6.0p1 was announced recently. This is the version to deploy if you're starting a new Sguil project and want to the latest and greatest.


Incidentally, this is my 1200th post. This blog will be 3 years old in 20 days. It began on 8 January 2003.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics