Pre-Review: Introduction to Assembly Language Programming

Sometime during the last seven years I decided it was acceptable to read college texts as a way to learn advanced computing topics. These were the same books I was glad to ditch at the end of a college semester when I was a cadet at the Air Force Academy. Now I've received a new college text, and I'm looking forward to reading it. The new book, courtesy of Springer, is Introduction to Assembly Language Programming, 2nd Ed, by Sivarama P. Dandamudi.

I already have Richard Blum's Professional Assembly Language on my reading list, but Prof. Dandamudi's book offers a twist. It doesn't just explain assembly programming on the Intel x86 architecture. Prof. Dandamudi also covers MIPS R2000 programming using the SPIM simulator available in the FreeBSD ports tree. The R2000 is an old processor, part of the MIPS R series; however, it still makes a good programming example. I will post an Amazon.com review when done with this book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics