Review of The Design and Implementation of the FreeBSD Operating System Posted

Amazon.com just posted my five star review of The Design and Implementation of the FreeBSD Operating System. I was excited to see this update of the 1996 classic The Design and Implementation of the 4.4BSD Operating System finally published. From the review:

"I have been administering FreeBSD systems for four years, and I read 'The Design' to get a better understanding of the system 'under the hood.' This book is definitely not for beginners, and intermediate users like myself can become quickly overwhelmed. Nevertheless, I am very glad FreeBSD developers like McKusick and Neville-Neil took the time to document the kernel in this book."

You can access the authors' works at Addison-Wesley or at McKusick.com and Neville-Neil.com.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
Interestingly that the author writes about Memory Management

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics