New Sguil Installation Guide Released

I just released a new Sguil install guide using Sguil 0.3.1, FreeBSD 5.2.1 REL, Snort 2.1.1, Barnyard 0.2beta2, MySQL 4.0.18, and other updates. It's available in text form at http://sguil.sourceforge.net/downloads/sguil_guide_0-3-1_02.txt. The packages for FreeBSD 5.2.1 mentioned in the guide are available at sguil_0-3-1_f5-2-1_pkg.tar.gz (24 MB).

I wanted to get this out to accompany the article in Sys Admin magazine. The new guide is a text version, which I felt was more appropriate for the Sguil user community.

I composed the guide in vi, which didn't wrap the lines to 80 columns. I used fold -s to create the formatted result.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics